Sofitel Philadelphia has been awarded 4 Green Keys from the Green Key Ec0-Rating Program in recognition of its outstanding accomplishments in implementing environmentally friendly programs in all areas of the hotel operations. Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, part of the ACCOR group, has adopted the Green Key Eco-Rating program as its official standard or Green Lodging Certification in the United States
Sofitel Philadelphia has implemented an extensive range of strategic environmental initiatives that were highlighted in the Green Key Audit. Some of the hotel’s many significant activities include:
– Formal, written environmental policies that address its commitment to energy and resource conversation, waste management, training and education, and community involvement and support
– Eco-purchasing policies that include factoring environmental considerations into purchasing decision/strategies
– Use of local organic foods when possible
– Programable energy management system for automatic temperature control in occupied/unoccupied rooms
– Performance audits on energy and water consumption
– Indoor/outdoor high-efficiency lighting
– Recycling programs that include composting
– Reduction in the use of toxic substances
– Rewards and recognition for employees who contribute innovative suggestions and solutions
– Give employees opportunities to volunteer their time toward community environment events
– Hotel participates in the linen reuse program
– Hotel serves Natura® Water environmentally friendly alternative to bottled water
– Hotel recycles electronic batteries
Did you know The Rooftop of the Sofitel Philadelphia is home to over 480,000 honey bees and over 3,000 lbs of soil where organic vegetables and herbs are planted each year?
We strive to make a positive impact both locally and globally, to ensure hospitality benefits not only the few, but all.
As part of Sofitel’s commitment to philanthropy, we have formed a partnership with Broad Street Ministry and The Attic Youth Center.
Broad Street Ministry focuses on providing services to vulnerable people – men and women who are homeless, at risk of being homeless, or of low-income. They serve nutritious daily meals with restaurant-style hospitality, provide mail services, distribute personal care bags, mend clothes and provide new clothes, and offer therapeutic art classes in an inviting and safe atmosphere.
By ordering items from our banquet menu with the symbol, $1 per person will go directly to Broad Street Ministry.
The Attic offers multifaceted programming that focuses on life skills, youth leadership, mental health, and supportive services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. Young people ages 14 to 23 are helped to develop into healthy, independent, thriving, civic-minded adults within a safe and supportive community that promotes the acceptance of LGBTQ in society.
By ordering items from our banquet menu with the symbol, $1 per person will go directly to The Attic Youth Center.